September 12, 2023 is the date for Haverhill’s preliminary election. The polls will be open from 7 AM to 8 PM. We will see five candidates for Mayor and in Ward 7 three candidates for School Committee. The last day to register for the preliminary election is Friday September 1st.
Ward 7 polling locations are:
- Ward 7 Precinct 1: Presidential Gardens Community Room (140 Evergreen Dr.)
- Ward 7 Precinct 2 Hunking School (480 South Main St.)
- Ward 7 Precinct 2A Julian Steele Community Room (772 Washington St.)
- Ward 7 Precinct 3 Bradford Elementary (118 Montvale St)
- Ward 7 Precinct 3A Bradford Elementary (118 Montvale St)
You can find your voting location on the Massachusetts Secretary of State’s website Where Do I Vote page.
Early voting is available Tuesday September 5 to Friday September 8th at the old RMV space in the basement level of City Hall (8 AM to 4 PM on Tuesday and Friday and 8 AM to 8 PM on Wednesday and Thursday).
The last day to request a vote-by-mail ballot is Tuesday September 5.
The City Clerk has posted sample ballots for the preliminary election.
This is a particularly important election for Haverhill, and for Ward 7 representation on School Committee. Thank you for voting and for encouraging your family and friends to vote.